Support Hours at the German International School of Dallas
Greetings, parents and families!
The success and growth of German ISD rests heavily on the support and dedication of parents and other volunteers.
The Elternbeirat has agreed to coordinate German ISD volunteers and support hours. There is a list with plenty of opportunities for you to help German ISD and a requirement of 10 hours per semester and child.
The Elternbeirat will share volunteer opportunities for throughout the academic school year.
Parents who did not contribute all required hours should expect to be asked for a monetary support fee.
• Book Fairs: Supervise and organize the German book fairs.
• Classroom Support: Assist with classroom activities and holiday parties.
• End of the Year Party: Organize a fun afternoon following the Pre-K graduation.
• Family Fun Nights: Oversee evening events held throughout the year with various fun, educational, family-engaging themes (new to German ISD).
• Field Day: Recruit volunteers and provide kids with a cool treat during this fun day.
• Field Trip Support: Assist with any field trips throughout the year.
• Grand Friends Day: Encourage and facilitate communication through parents and grandparents and other relatives/family members to participate in fun bonding and learning activities at German ISD during this springtime event.
• Halloween: Recruit volunteers to plan and organize the event for students, while teachers are in charge of the events during the day.
• Handyman/woman: Recruit volunteers for small tasks, which are always needed!
• Holiday Bazaar/Weihnachtsmarkt: Collect items for raffle/silent auctions. Find volunteers to plan and organize the event (prep work, during event & clean up).
• Landscaping: Maintain the landscaping and our playground.
• Mother’s Day: Help in each classroom and assist the teachers.
• Open House: Advertise our school to the community.
• Sanitizing classroom furniture/toys: Completed weekly by volunteers (list is posted on each entrance door).
• Spirit wear: Sell German ISD spirit items (e.g., T-shirts, bags) at the school and school events.
• Summer Meet & Greet/Easter: Organize German ISD annual gatherings for families.
• Teacher/Staff Appreciation: Organize staff recognition and appreciation for their hard work throughout the year.