Volunteering at the German International School of Dallas
Greetings, parents and families!
At German ISD, we strive to foster independent thinking, cultural awareness, and healthy development through a unique immersion of the German language. Our students’ experiences here are meant to create an environment of learning surrounded by the German culture, while giving them a secure place to thrive. We are always grateful and happy to be giving your children the best education and experience possible, while offering a wide range of activities to broaden their worldview. In order to help us in our mission to give the best educational experience possible, we ask every parent to volunteer their time into improving our facility and our space. Whether through serving meals, moving objects around in the classrooms, rearranging spaces, or more, we need your help! We are gracious to consider and accept any services you may think of as well. German ISD requires parents to engage in volunteering for a minimum of 20 hours per student, per school year. This year, we have decided to send an email with opportunities for you to volunteer when needed. We will track the hours at the office. The following activities are great opportunities to get involved as a parent and volunteer, and are all organized by German ISD’s Elternbeirat. Please feel free to contact the Elternbeirat’s president Mrs. Erika Kohl if you are interested to volunteer via email: Erika Kohl email@example.com
• Book Fairs: Supervise and organize the German book fairs.
• Classroom Support: Assist with classroom activities and holiday parties.
• End of the Year Party: Organize a fun afternoon following the Pre-K graduation.
• Family Fun Nights: Oversee evening events held throughout the year with various fun, educational, family-engaging themes (new to German ISD).
• Field Day: Recruit volunteers and provide kids with a cool treat during this fun day.
• Field Trip Support: Assist with any field trips throughout the year.
• Grand Friends Day: Encourage and facilitate communication through parents and grandparents and other relatives/family members to participate in fun bonding and learning activities at German ISD during this springtime event.
• Halloween: Recruit volunteers to plan and organize the event for students, while teachers are in charge of the events during the day.
• Handyman/woman: Recruit volunteers for small tasks, which are always needed!
• Holiday Bazaar/Weihnachtsmarkt: Collect items for raffle/silent auctions. Find volunteers to plan and organize the event (prep work, during event & clean up).
• Landscaping: Maintain the landscaping and our playground.
• Mother’s Day: Help in each classroom and assist the teachers.
• Open House: Advertise our school to the community.
• Sanitizing classroom furniture/toys: Completed weekly by volunteers (list is posted on each entrance door).
• Spirit wear: Sell German ISD spirit items (e.g., T-shirts, bags) at the school and school events.
• Summer Meet & Greet/Easter: Organize German ISD annual gatherings for families.
• Teacher/Staff Appreciation: Organize staff recognition and appreciation for their hard work throughout the year.